
No tears for this mama! (I'll save those for freshman year at college, that is, assuming she'll go of course). Sent G off to her first day of PreK this morning and I don't know who was more excited, Grace or mom! I'm hoping I don't sound horrible, maybe it's just the timing, but we both NEED this, really badly! She had a great day and can't wait to go back. I had a great day too, and am amazed at how quickly those 6 hours went by, but it was just perfect. We are all so glad to be getting into a routine of some sort. In a way, I don't want summer to end, but oh, how I love routine...let the school year begin!

To show that I'm not terribly insensitive, here is a picture from her first day of Mother's Day out 2 years ago...how time flies and how fast they grow!
6 comments:
hey! that's great. rex starts preK next week. i think God is very clever. when i signed him up i was feeling guilty and really sad. but He's had a sneaky way of having rex drive me a tad crazy this week, AND rex hasn't napped. it's going to help the transition be a tad smoother. haha--i'm also glad to not be the only ADL mom sending my preschooler somewhere besides ADL. rex is PUMPED about it. i think it will be great for him and grace!
-kelly
You remind me of the Staples commercial where the parent is surfing the shopping cart through the store filling it with school supplies and singing, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". . .I agree. . . .hang in there!
Becca, You are too funny! No, do not feel guilty about feeling that way. It was probably good for Grace to go to school for a little while, too. Hope you enjoyed your day with just two at home, and I'm glad Grace had a fun first day.
You have such a beautiful family. I do understand needing a schedule, and am actually glad that we have also returned to some sort of routine. We live in San Antonio and have been here since we got married. I have thought of you often over the past few years and am so glad that we are in touch again.
Yippee!! I can't think of anyone who would think you are a bad mom, Becca! I'm glad for both of you, and I think it's great.
Say a prayer for my monkey...we still have almost two weeks 'til school starts, and he may not survive. :-)
Becca, I'm seriously laughing out loud at the "assuming she'll go" comment...
Post a Comment