Thursday, August 27, 2009

nature walk

A few days ago the kids and I went on a 2+mile nature walk/jog/stroll/ride...whatever! We have a great trail not too far from our neighborhood that we go to often. There are parts of the trail when you might think you're in the middle of the wilderness, when really, you're still in the middle of the city. That's the funny thing about where we live in Arkansas, we joke that there's a cow field next to EVERYTHING...seriously, even the upscale mall, you could throw a rock from Pottery Barn to the cow field next to it! But, in all honesty, I LOVE that about this place, you get the best of both worlds! After our vigorous journey, we had a delightful picnic (compliments of Grace). Don't be mistaken though, it wasn't a perfect outing, by the time we got home everyone was having a complete meltdown about something! Here are a few pictures of our morning.



Love this pic!

My two goobers, aren't they cute?

Grace had packed us all lunches before we left, being sidetracked, I didn't even think to look at what she packed and was pleasantly surprised when we all opened our lunch boxes to find yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, grapes and water!

2 comments:

Email: said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love the lunch choices. That sounds just like what Casady would pack. How is it with 3 munchkins? I noticed the double stroller. That brings back memories. I hope all is well. Yall have a great day!

Krystal said...

Wish we could have joined you all on your adventure! Sounds like so much fun...and great excercise, too. (I could really use that right now!). Anyways, Grace did a nice job with the lunches. What a great helper, too! Hope all is well. Talk with ya soon!