Thursday, September 20, 2007

Full Circle


People always say, "Life comes full circle." Well for me moving to Northwest Arkansas life has started to come back around. As most of you know I played football in high school and college, what some of you may not know is football wasn't my first love. I was a soccer player before I played football, but they didn't have soccer in the small town I grew up in, so I was forced to settle for football, which was a blessing because it paid for my college. Anyways, I have joined a soccer team here and this is our third season together. We are currently in our first outdoor season and playing in a league where we are the only "white" team. It has been an interesting experience, for the refs don't even speak English.


Regards,


Kirk

6 comments:

1stLady said...

I enjoy soccer, so I was watching blogger play (the new viewer that shows all uploading pictures)... saw the pic real quick, clicked on it, and now I'm just totally curious as to why the refs in Ark. don't speak english??? What do they speak?? totally just caught my attention....

Robbins' Nest said...

The league we are playing in is primarily hispanic. There are a large number of hispanics in the area because of the local job market.

Unknown said...

How fun. I haven't played soccer in about 30 years, but I used to love playing in AYSO. I couldn't dribble very well anyhow! Looks like your team colors are similar to that of Brazil?

Krystal said...

Glad you have something outside of work that you enjoy doing!

The Robbins Gallery said...

Do I need to get you some new cleats for your birthday brother?

The Robbins Gallery said...

Oh and to clarify - when Kirk played soccer, he was "top kick".