
Any parent knows, parenting is no walk in the park. There's a saying that I love and often remind myself of: "the days are long but the years are short." Man, I love these kids. I'm honored that God chose me to be their mama! Sometimes (usually when we've had more than a few trying or difficult moments in our day), I go into their rooms at night, after they're asleep and curl up next to them, kiss them, smell them, just stare at them. I know I won't always have this privilege. It's too precious for words...
7 comments:
so true! they are precious. i was telling kevin today about gus, how can i adore this baby so much and get so irritated with him in the same breath?! but i know how fast it goes so i'm trying to soak it up!
You are such a precious family and what sweet pix you will treasure. Even as teenagers, I love to watch mine sleep---enjoy these days---they do pass too quickly!
Those pics make me want to curl up and kiss on them too. Oh, so sweet!
And now you KNOW why God created sleep!!!!
Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll do a little sleep-watching myself.
This is my favorite time too! I love looking at Eli when he's asleep. So sweet and innocent.
So I just got your comment on my blog...we're in Oklahoma! Not far from you guys. We actually used to live in Prairie Grove, AR and still have friends up that way! We love NW Arkansas.
Thank you Becca, I would like to 2nd nearly ALL of those wonderful life expereinces! haha. Lord help us! You are a wonderful mommy, but I will tell you that it is so reassuring that I am not the only mom who cannot seem to get a shower in and think it is ok that my hair has not been washed in 4 days and apologize to my husband b/c of the hair on my legs...just not enough time. The laundry..ugh...the tv, so there..what an amazing babysitter but it can sure lay on the guilt pretty thick! I wish we lived closer to eachother so we could just stink together, fold laundry together and share cartoon schedules! Love ya and hang in there...and obviously the time we have to have adult conversation with long time friends is so out of the picture!!!! keep smiling!
you sure have beautiful kids!
Post a Comment