Friday, April 17, 2009
Becca's trip to Sweden....
Wonderful! Great food, great shopping, great company, lots of rest! I can go on and on. I had a lovely time visiting Anna and getting to know her fiance, Goran. For those of you out of the know, we had originally planned to go as a family the first of August to attend their wedding (Grace and I were both supposed to be in it), and well...I got knocked up. So, my sweet husband let me take 10 days to myself and go visit. I didn't realize how much I needed the break mentally and emotionally and having some quality "me" time, as well as quality time with Anna was priceless!
I had a few days all to myself to tour Stockholm, there's truly something exhilarating about being in a foreign city all by yourself, having the freedom to go where you please, take as much time as you need, and just explore the culture! I am proud to say I successfully used 5 forms of public transportation: train, subway, bike (yes, imagine that), bus and boat! I had my fill (for Grace's sake) of Pippi Longstocking museums, toured old town (my favorite part of Stockholm), shopping galore and just sat on sidewalk cafes taking in the sights.
Anna and I had a few days dedicated to checking things off of the wedding to-do list, which I hope was helpful, as my duties as maid-of-honor are now greatly hindered! We had a great day of touring an island in the archipelago (thousands of islands making up Sweden's coast). We rented bikes and rode all around the island and had a lovely lunch.
The best part was just spending quality time with Anna and Goran, which probably wouldn't have happened at the wedding, so it was a blessing in disguise. They are wonderfully perfect for each other and it was neat to see that love and excitement of a young couple about to get married. They didn't mind at all that I talked a lot about the kids and family life, because they are both longing for it and can't wait to get started. They were generous hosts and took care of me as if I were their teenage exchange student, on the days I was on my own they left me maps and snacks and money to use the bathrooms (yes, you have to pay for public restrooms!) it was really quite sweet.
Now, refreshed and relaxed, I'm back to reality and can't get enough of my husband and kids, absence really does make the heart grow fonder! With the help of my parents, Kirk did a great job alone with the kids and only had one trip to the ER for Ben. He went above and beyond his daddy duties and the bonding they did while I was away is precious to see. Thank you honey!
Quick note: apparently the slideshow is not showing up for everyone, if you click on "view all images" it will take you to the direct site and you can view it there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What? What? What??????
Your trip looks wonderful, Becca! I'm so happy that you went! I can't wait to hear more.....
Cara
What a wonderful time for yourself! What a great husband you have. Hope you are feeling great. Love, Amy
Post a Comment