Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

Gonna be a life-changing year, gonna be a great month! Yohana's case was submitted to the US Embassy last week so we are looking to go over in the next few weeks to get our sweet pea and bring her home!  Just waiting on the details to pan out before we make our final plans...but it's going to be SOON!  

I have uploaded some pictures of our 1st trip for anyone who wants to look through them.  I tried to keep these non-adoption-realated because we really had so much fun while we were in Ethiopia and experienced so much.  After a few days of being there, Kirk and I both felt comfortable enough to let down our guard and just go with the flow.  We started to ask our driver to take us places and do things that weren't on the recommend itinerary.  We were quite adventurous to say the least. So thankful we did not get sick the whole trip and had some wonderful experiences, I know that's not always the case.  We truly felt like we went from being "ferenge" to "habesha" in 10 short days! (foreigners to natives).  I think Yohana will be proud of all that we saw and did and tried, we have so much to tell her one day.  We can hardly WAIT to get back and be with our daughter.

5 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

I wasn't able to open the pictures.

Robbins' Nest said...

sorry, try it now.

Rebecca said...

Submitted to Embassy! Yay! Can't wait for you to bring your sweet daughter home.

...and am going to peruse your pictures now!

Liz and Josh said...

I loved your pictures! You'll have to tell us your favorite spots you visited so we can see them while we're there. Praying you hear great news soon!!

Rebecca said...

LOVED looking at your pictures! We are leaving Wednesday for court and will be in Addis through the 20th. Any chance you'll be there while we're there?