That is how I'm feeling with Christmas so close. Don't get me wrong, w are enjoying every minute of the season and have so much to be thankful for....but this time of year and everything it represents brings an acute and very present awareness of the injustice in this world. I find myself constantly thinking and yearning for our baby girl. Knowing in my heart that she is alive makes her absence here, physically and emotionally, all the more unbearable. I pray for her daily. So today, when this sweet ornament came in the mail from my in-laws, I could hardly hold back the tears. There is also a certain Christmas song (a name we are considering for her) that I can't hear without falling apart. So, until the day comes when I can hold her in my arms, I rest in this promise and pray that she is too...
"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

8 comments:
How precious is that ornament? LOVE it! Praying for you, girl. While our last Christmas had its wonderful memories it was also filled with a lot of grief and sadness. Praying this side of your wait ends quickly!
Becca, that is just beautiful. Kelly, THANK YOU for your thoughtfulness.
Don't know how I did THAT!?! Love you Becca, Mom
Ok, making me cry right now!!!!!! Love the ornament! Praying for our babies.
We'll keep praying for the waiting to go quickly and the baby girl to know she is coming to a loving family with lots of open arms!
I cannot even imagine this wait you are enduring. What an emotional time for you guys. I need an update time frame...what are yall looking at for meeting her?
Oh, Becca you said it so well. So, ready to have our girls home. Love you and her.
Jennifer
LOVE that ornament! I wanted to mention to you another blog that I follow. Its called Beneath the Acacia Tree. Their family has adopted one child and is waiting for their twins now. Thought you could relate and might be interested. http://www.beneaththeacaciatree.com/
Christi Araujo
Post a Comment