Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ready or not, here we come

Courage is not the absence of fear.   It is the will to move forward in spite of it.


So, as much as I want to curl under my covers and hide from the world for the next few days, I can't.  I'm picking up my boot straps, gathering my precious boys...and Kirk and I are headed to Kansas City bright and early in the morning.  Friday the boys will both have their much anticipated (some days)/dreaded (other days) surgery to get ports placed.  Rhett will also be getting tubes in his ears. We've had the port option for a while and finally decided that now is the time to do it.  I know, well, I'm hoping, that this will be the best thing for all of us.  It's going to make their 3x/weekly infusions much easier.  But just wrapping my head around everything is really stirring up the nerves and emotions in my heart!  I'd much rather be an outsider looking in, but I'm their MOM....and they NEED ME.  So, I'm stepping up to the plate, putting my big girl panties on, and crossing this Jordan!!  It was surely no coincidence that in Bible Study this week, we were talking about Joshua. 

We are hoping to be home by Sunday evening, then they will have about a 2 week recovery.  Just in time for Grace to start kindergarten....another life-changing event, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  For now, we would sure appreciate any prayers!  Thank you.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Praying for you and Kirk and the boys! We'll actually be in KC this weekend. Please let us know if you need anything!

Amy said...

I will be thinking and praying for you guys. Please keep us updated. You guys are so strong!

Joy said...

Praying for you, sweet girl. You're incredible, and I'm praying for a special, God-given strength and courage for you as you mother your precious boys through this! Praying for you all. Love you guys!

Katie said...

My prayers are with you today and each day as you face the new challenges of mother-hood. You are all in God's hands, he can handle all that comes your way!!

Karen said...

I don't know how I got behind the curve on this one, Becca. I didn't realize anything was going on until I read Kirk's FB posts. I will pray for speedy recoveries and zero complications. I will also pray that Grace's kindergarden teacher falls in love with her immediately and loves on her all year long.

Tamara said...

I am sorry to just know read on this and know what is going on. But your boys and you and Kirk will be in my continued prayers. I had an amazing devotion this morning that totally applied to my life and i want to share a part of it with you b/c I hope it strengthens you as it has me. Love you Becca! You are an amazing Mommy and way to put on those big girl panties!:)But Oswald Chambers said this today in 'My Utmost for his highest'
"If you completely give yourself phystically, you will become exhausted. But when you give of yourself spiritually, you get more strength. God never gives us strength for tomorrow , or for the next hours, but only for the strain of the moment! Our temptation is to face adversities from the standpoint of our own common sense. But a saint can 'be of good cheer' even when seemingly defeated by adversities, beacause victory is absurdly impossible to everyone, except God!"
HUGS!!