Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Homestyle Turkey Meatloaf
A fun and healthy spin on your traditional meatloaf dish, this recipe comes from Eating for Life.


1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
4 egg whites
1 cup salsa
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 pkg Knorr Vegetable Soup mix
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup.  Press mixture into a 9" x 5" loaf pan and spread ketchup over top.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approx. 60 minutes.
Note:  Since having kids, rather than using a loaf pan I always divvy up the meatloaf mixture into a muffin pan.  1. Kids think eating "meatloaf muffins" is fun.  2.  It's the perfect portion size.  We usually only eat 6, so I freeze the remaining 6 for another dinner!

Great served with baby potatoes and a veggie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have made these before! They are awesome and so easy to prepare!