Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Our loooong week by the numbers:


3 Valentine's parties at MDO
2 dozen homemade sugar cookies that G and I baked for her class
20 Kung Fu Panda Valentine's with suckers attached (of which the proud mommy might add, G folded, decorated and signed her name all by herself...on every single one)!
4 home made dinners... ordering pizza tomorrow night
50 (give or take) hours that daddy has put in at work, and it's only Thursday!
3 trips to Wal Mart
1 EXHAUSTED and feeling-very-pregnant mommy!


I have to say, having a little girl is so, oh how do I put it? Everything in life is either hot or cold, high or low, love or hate, naughty or nice, you get the idea. She cracks us up. She's usually 80% tomboy. For example, she insisted on Kung Fu Panda Valentine's (even though I was steering her toward the princesses, fairies and care bares.) In the car a few days ago, we were asking her if she is excited for soccer season to start up again and she responded "Well Dad, I'd really like to try football." But today, I finally got her to wear a dress to school and she let me do her hair! (see pic below). And in the store the other day, she had a meltdown because I wouldn't let her get Hannah Montana perfume! YEAH!! Not that I don't love the tomboy in her, I do indeed, but there are just certain expectations that come along with a girl and it's so fun to experience both, but quite the roller coaster ride, and I have a feeling, this is just the beginning....


One more thing I must add, I successfully infused my son ALL BY MYSELF this week! Of course, his nurse was right beside me, talking me through it. But I did it right and was successful on the very first try! I've been feeling fairly confident that I could do it myself if I HAD to...so I suggested to her that we start 'training' and just take it slow. I still feel like I got pretty lucky, but I'm going to keep trying until I feel completely comfortable and can take over. Sweet boy must have known that I needed encouragement because he didn't even cry!









4 comments:

Kirk Robbins said...

I love you honey! PS-What my wife didn't mention is that Ben's infusions have to be given in his veins. Next time you see a 1 year old, check and see if you can see their veins, and if you can, imagine trying to get a needle inside of it. I'm really proud of her!

Krystal said...

Wow! You guys sure are having a busy week. That is too funny about Grace saying she would want to try playing football! She makes me laugh! Great job, Becca, on infusing Ben by yourself. You are such an awesome mom! Happy Early Valentine's Day to you and your family!

Karen said...

You are SUPERWOMAN!!! I didn't bake (room mom asked me to bring cheese and crackers), bought E a bag of Hershey's Kisses to pass out (he didn't want to give cards :-(), and just picked up a card for Trevor at the grocery store, and I've never given anyone an infusion! I'm proud of you, Becca, and I hope you get a nap today!

PS Grace would kick BUTT at football!

Kelly Marie said...

You guys rock! Becca, you really are a supermom; you amaze me. I always look forward to hearing the grace-isms, as she certainly speaks her mind. Uncle Jake is going to be so pleased to see her painting on the easel. Kirk, you are making your parents very happy. Hang in there!