Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Book Recommendation


Okay, I have to admit, I'm a little biased on this one: A) because of the title and B) because the election is coming up and it's politically educational........
none-the-less, this is an awesome children's book! My mother-in-law and I spotted it while taking Grace to story time at the bookstore last week and couldn't resist. It's a little above a 3 year-olds level and attention span, but I think most kids 3 and above would get it. As you probably guessed, it's about a little girl, Grace Campbell, who is astonished when she finds out there has never been a "girl President!" Her elementary school is having a mock election and she decides to run and is up against Thomas Cobb, "the best man for the job". It explains the concept of electoral votes really clearly and..........oh..........I'll keep the ending a surprise, but you really should check this book out in the next few months if you have young children, it'll totally be worth it!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey, I might have to pick up that book just so I can understand electoral votes...

:-)

I can totally see Gracie running for President one day.