Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Sick & Tired of Being Sick & Tired!"

Some of you other parents please tell me when this ends?! We are getting NO SLEEP! When we had Grace, she was sleeping through the night at 9 weeks! We read all the books and followed all the tips and tricks. With the second (Ben), those tips and tricks have gone right out the window. If we let him cry it out G wakes up. If we let him cry it out he may hurt himself in his crib. We are such WEAK SUCKERS now! Consequently, we now get on average about 4 hours of sleep a night.

I've been trying to get up and work out @ 5am, and that is going horribly. I'm getting even less sleep! To top it all off, I've gained weight since I started working out. I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat.

My how the tables have turned, when I married Becca I required very little sleep and she needed about 10 hours a night. I used to give her a hard time about how much sleep she needed, and how moody she was if she didn't get it (snap dragon). I have to say that my lovely wife has handled this lack of sleep A LOT better than her pathetic husband. If I didn't know any better I'd say that I'm PMSing. Needless to say, I'm sorry honey. For as much grief as I give my wife, she is a much stronger wife/mother than I could have EVER imagined.

PS-We have bunny ears on our TV, and so far it is totally worth it, but we'd still like to watch less of it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I think you get to sleep when Ben is, um, nine. At nine, I promise he will let you sleep. Once you finally get him in bed, that is. By nine he will have developed a fine repertoire of evasion tactics.

So...I guess for now you buck up and by some Starbucks stock.

Karen said...

buy. Buy some Starbucks stock.

Krystal said...

Oh, the joys of parenting! Hang in there, Kirk! Before you know it, this time will pass. Praying that you get more sleep...

The Rogers

Chad, Shara, and Kayla said...

So sorry you're not getting sleep. Hope ya'll have a good anniverary. Ya'll deserve it. Love ya