Before the weekend ends, I just wanted to say what a blessed weekend I had with my daughter. Saturday started off wonderfully, my thoughtful wife let me sleep in because she new I wasn't feeling well. As soon as we ate breakfast as a family I decided to get Grace out of the house so mommy and Ben could sleep. Grace & I went to Starbucks, where daddy had some much needed coffee, Grace had organic chocolate milk, and we split a low fat coffee cake. It was such a beautiful morning that we decided to sit outside on a table that G picked out. Every time we eat outside G thinks we are having a picnic. I proceeded to sit down and started to ask my daughter various questions about her morning when all of a sudden our VERY talkative daughter decided to tell daddy, "Can we just not talk and enjoy the beautiful trees?!" As we sat there on the bench I could completely feel the Lord's presence. I just stared at Grace and was so thankful for our family. It dawned on me while sitting there looking at her happy face that she didn't have a care in the world. She could careless how much money daddy made, how much debt we have, what type of clothes she is wearing, or what type of home she lived in. She was just happy to be there in THAT moment. I just had to get that off my chest before the work week begins. Also, I hope all of you mothers had a blessed Mother's Day! Thank you Lord for our children, and how much we learn about your love for us through them!
God Bless,
Kirk
Kirk
PS-We had both Ben & Grace dedicated at church on Sunday. It was the best Mother's day gift. This is a family picture from that morning at church.
2 comments:
That is a weekend you'll always remember. . .It's the small moments that make a difference. The dedication on Mother's Day is another special moment. Give them a big kiss and hug from Nonnie.
Good post.
Post a Comment