"A time to be born, and a time to die....A time to weep, and a time to laugh...A time to mourn, and a time to dance..." misc. verses from Ecclesiastes 3.
Wow, what a week it has been! God's timing is profound. So many life events have taken place in our lives this week:
Celebrating a beautiful wedding ceremony with precious friends.
Mourning with another friend at the tragic death of his father.
Celebrating our sweet baby boy turning 6 months old.
Watching our independent little girl leave us for a week.
It's hard to sum up all of the emotions we've been experiencing this week. Grace is off to spend a whole week with the grandparents and as I hugged her and held her close this morning, telling her "how much I'm going to miss her", she abruptly, but very gently (as if not to hurt my feelings) says "you can stop saying that already mom." ...Reality check!....the innocence of children is so pure, how precious. I'm getting a taste of how my parents must have felt as I jetted off to the other side of the world at the tender age of 16, without even crying as we said our goodbye's at the airport. :)
Anyways, before I get too emotional, I need to remind and prep myself of the extensive list I've been mentally making of things to accomplish this coming week:
1. Train Ben to sleep through the night (letting him cry it out won't be such a big deal without another child to wake up)
2. Some 3-day-fruit-flush-detox thing....(yeah...we'll see how that one goes!)
3. Catch up on the never-ending pile of laundry....oh wait, it's NEVER-ENDING, so maybe I should just forget about laundry altogether for the week!?!
4. Take spinning class at gym.
5. Read a good book that's not about child-rearing, marriage, religion or politics. Any suggestions?
6. Deep clean G's room.
7. Have non-interrupted quiet times.
8. Spend quality time with hubby.
9. Make coffee for myself every morning.
10. Take naps when Ben naps.
Yeah! The list alone excites me. And speaking of Ben, he is now 6 months old and as precious and lovable as ever. He's 18 lbs, it's hard to tell because he's not really chubby, but I think he's muscular. He's almost able to sit up without support and talking jibberish a ton. He loves to laugh at his sister too. We cherrish every minute with him.
Well, time to start on my list, hubby is beckoning for that quality time to begin. :) Here are some long-overdue, updated pictures.
5 comments:
Hi! It was so nice spending time with you, Kirk, and your precious children this weekend! We had so much fun!!! I love your list of things to do this week, and I hope you accomplish them all. I do have a book idea for you. I read it about five years ago, but I am sure you could still get it at a Bible bookstore. It is called "Redeeming Love", and it was so good I could barely put it down. It is a story based out of the book of the Bible, Hosea. It is a lot of reading, but, really, one of the very best books I have ever read! Well, I pray that you have a wonderful, relaxing week, yet still able to accomplish a ton! Also, you are so right about the laundry. Ours is never ending as well, no matter how much I do! Have fun!
The pictures and your narrative are great! It always provides such a happy lift to the day you post an entry on your blog. We'll take good care of Amazing Grace and not spoil her too much!
Oh, she's growing up so fast! It happens right before our eyes, but it's still a shocker. I can't wait to hear about your week!
Your family is so precious, Becca! It is fun reading about what you and your kids are up to because it sounds so much like our family. :)
Ah, napping while the baby naps. What a luxury!!! I am jealous. ;)
I know this comment is a little late, but I always recommend Maeve Binchy (she's a great storyteller) and I have been reading the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers and love it!
Wow what a week it should be...enjoy it, every minute, even if you dont get that whole list accomplished! The napping with the baby would be enough for me, hahaha....oh the days! Your pics were great, did you get your hair cut..it looks cute! I pray you will have a relaxing and productive week! Lots of Hugs!
Post a Comment